Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30-Day Song Challenge: Day 5 & 6.

Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone: Hellogoodbye - Two Weeks in Hawaii. (2006)



Never had a song that rings more strongly about a person than this one. This is the song that will always remind me of you.

Definitely one of my favourites.

Runner up: Third Eye Blind - Water Landing. (2009)
(this song comes pretty darn close too, but Two Weeks in Hawaii is better)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere: Hot Hot Heat - YVR. (2010)




Another band that is very underrated. Hot Hot Heat is quite an awesome alternative band that has a distinctively West Coast Vancouver sound (which is appropriate since they are from Victoria). I mean, watch the video. Can't get any more Vancouver than that, can it? And it's called YVR for christssakes. And it heavily features the world renowned BC bud...

And sure enough this song does not exactly sound like your typical alternative song -- and nothing wrong with that really, as Hot Hot Heat is neither the most radio-friendly band out there nor do they try to be. This song is not very catchy, yet somehow it grew on me. (and yes I play this song every time I drive near the airport)

Fly into YVR
Get myself in a car
Get to the people that will keep me alive
Frostbitten drunken skids
You make it howl, kids
Something about you, I just trust you tonight

Runner up: Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle. (1987)
(this song should be LA's official anthem)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1 - your favorite song: Death Cab For Cutie - Grapevine Fires.
April 2 - your least favorite song: Fergie - Fergalicious.
April 3 - a song that makes you happy: Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams.
April 4 - a song that makes you sad: U2 - Walk On.
April 5 - a song that reminds you of someone: Hellogoodbye - Two Weeks in Hawaii.
April 6 - a song that reminds you of somewhere: Hot Hot Heat - YVR
April 7 - a song that reminds you of a certain event:

[Whoops -- too busy yesterday working on my presentation that I didn't have time to update the 30-day song challenge. Consider the blogging streak over?]

No comments:

Post a Comment